Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Review
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress has figured out the optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort.
The company is so confident you’ll love their mattress, that they’re offering 365 night trial to sleep on the mattress and if for some reason you’re not satisfied you can return it for free.
The Nectar also comes with Forever Warranty!
What’s inside the mattress?
The Nectar memory foam mattress is 25cm deep and has 4 layers.
- Layer 1: Adaptive Cooling Cover – is made from luxurious knitted fabric. It regulated body temperature for a cool night sleep, and lets fresh air circulate.
- Layer 2: Pressure Relieving Memory Foam – engineered to relieve pressure by absorbing energy and contouring perfectly around your body.
- Layer 3: Smart Memory Foam (3cm deep) – is 30 times more breathable than other types of memory foam, for superior body temperature control.
- Layer 4: 7 Zone Supported Base – the durable base provides zoned support to different parts of your body. For example: your hips receive firmer support, while your shoulders receive softer support.
The Nectar mattress is certified by CERTIPUR®, a 3rd party global rating standard, and five other rating groups, to be free from known harmful chemicals and gasses. All mattresses are manufactured in the UK.
You can use your Nectar Memory Foam Mattress on all bed types: solid or sprung slatted base, divan bases, traditional bed frames, adjustable bases and platform beds. Nectar also sells 4 beds (platform bed with/without headboard, divan bed or ottoman bed), which are available for purchase from their website. (Tip: For an high quality adjustable bed, check our guide on Dream’s Sleepmotion bed bases).
How Firm is the Nectar Mattress?
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is rated at medium-firm or 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest). It’s been designed to offer the right level of support when you lay down. Your body will keep a correct spinal alignment, especially for those who prefer sleeping on their side. No matter what your sleeping position is, your back, shoulders and hips will supported for a comfortable night sleep.
Many customers have said in their reviews that they like the firmness level from the first day after sleeping on the mattress. However, several customers have said that in the beginning they found the mattress to be firmer than they liked. They needed a few weeks in order to adapt and get used to it. They also agreed that the firmer sleep surface supported their back better.
For those who are unable to get used to the firmness and find the mattress uncomfortable, they have the option to return it under the 365 trial period.
Nectar Mattress 365 Night Trial
Nectar has the longest home trial period 365 nights, compared to other UK mattress companies. This means that you have one full year to sleep on the mattress at home, and if for some reason you think that it’s not right for you, simply contact the company and they’ll arrange a free pick up, and refund you the money. According to Nectar “fewer than 3% return their Nectar”, which is truly impressive.
Simba Hybrid mattress is another brand that also comes with 1 year trial, while the Emma mattress comes with 200 night trial. See our list of UK mattresses that come with a home trial, so you can compare and choose the best one.
Nectar Mattress Topper
Hopefully, Nectar will start selling mattress toppers in the future. This will be a good option for those who are not ready to buy a new mattress, but would like to add some comfort and improve their sleep.
Nectar offers free delivery to UK mainland. It takes around 5-7 business days for the mattress to arrive, and the best part is that it will be delivered to the room of your choice. The company also offers old mattress removal service for a £45 fee, you can select this option at the checkout page on their site.
Nectar offers 0% financing, through their partnership with Klarna and DivideBuy, two leading monthly installment plan providers. This means that you can spread the cost of your order, and pay it in monthly interest free installments for a period between 3 to 12 months.
Every Nectar mattress is covered by a “Forever Warranty”. While other mattress companies offer 10-15 year warranty, Nectar’s warranty lasts as long as you own and use their product.
This means that if the Nectar breaks from normal use anytime during your use, they will replace it at no charge.
Nectar Mattress Keyworker Discount
People who are employed with a Key Worker Service for example: the NHS, social care sector, emergency services (Fire Service, etc.), and armed forces and have a Blue Light Card can qualify for a 41% discount. This discount can be used on the Nectar Memory Foam or Hybrid Mattress. You will receive a discount code after logging into your Blue Light account, which you can then apply to the check out page and complete your purchase with Nectar. You can read more about the Keyworker discount here.
What’s the Price of Nectar Memory Foam Mattress?
The price will depend on the size you select and if the mattress is on sale or not. The company often has sales (ranging between 20%-43% off), or they may add an extra gift (for example two pillows).
- Single: £380 (was £949)
- Small Double: £480 (was £1,199)
- Double: £480 (was £1,199)
- King: £520 (was £1,299)
- Super King: £580 (was £1,499)
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress Customer Reviews:
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress has been on the UK market for a few years and has received an Great 4.2/5 star rating from over 13,020 customer reviews. Overall, many have seen an improvement in their sleep experience, some have even mentioned that their back problems have been relieved. About 9% of customers gave the mattress a 1 star, noting that it wasn’t comfortable for them, had problems ordering, or stating another reason.
- Many customers have said that their new mattress is very comfortable and that they are sleeping much better now.
Some people have gotten a great sleep from day one after using it, while others needed a few weeks to get used to their new mattress.
- A lot of people agree that it was very easy to place an order through the website, and were kept up to date with the delivery time and process. They received enough notifications to know exactly when the mattress will arrive.
- As far as the motion transfer between sleeping partners, several customers noted that they didn’t feel any disturbance when their partner moved during the night.
- Some customers noted that they didn’t feel any edge-to-edge support, and they felt like they will roll off the edge when they slept close to the edge of the mattress.
- Others said that they didn’t like the firmness or didn’t find it comfortable and have contacted customer support to have it returned.
- Some people who ordered the old mattress collection services noted that it was done on a different day after their new mattress arrived, so they had to keep their old one at home for a few days. For some this was inconvenient and time wasting.
- Keep in mind that the Nectar mattress can comfortably support a total weight of up to 46 stone or 290 kg. If your combined weight with your sleep partner is more than that, the sleep surface might start to dip and sag, causing even back pain.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices, discounts and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of July 3, 2023.