The Kahlo Sofa Bed by MADE is a compact and contemporary piece of furniture. It’s suitable for those without a lot of space to spare, but want the flexibility of extra seating and bedding to accommodate visitors.
IMPORTANT: As of 1 November, 2022 MADE has filed for insolvency and is no longer taking any new orders.
You can check out these three alternatives instead:
Alexa Sofa Bed
The Alexa Sofa Bed by Bensons for Beds has a very similar design, features and price tag to the Kahlo Sofa Bed.
It’s upholstered in velvet and comes in three colours: blue, green and grey. It has solid wooden legs and a sturdy and comfortable construction. It comes with 5 year guarantee. It’s available in three sizes: single, small double and double to fit your space perfectly.
Price: £279 (reg. £349) single size / £359 (£449) small double / £399 (reg. £499) double size
Logan Sofa Bed by M&S
The Logan Sofa Bed by M&S is a very good alternative to the Kahlo Sofa Bed for several reasons. First, it comes in 3 sizes (single, small double, and double) so you can choose the one that best fits your living space.
Secondly, it has a very similar design and folding mechanism. It’s available in four colours: grey, teal, navy and pink velvet. Finally, it has a very similar price tag, so you won’t go over budget.
Price: £319 single size / £399 small double / £499 double size
In case MADE opens doors again for new orders, you can check out this detailed Kahlo Sofa Bed review below.
Kahlo Sofa Bed Overview:
- Available in 3 sizes: single seat, double seat, and large double.
- Choose from velvet or polyester upholstery fabric and several stylish colours.
- Has a simple click-clack mechanism, so you can turn the sofa into a bed easily.
- Easy assembly, only legs need to be fitted.
With a wide range of colours and fabric options, the Kahlo Sofa Bed is a stylish and versatile option. But let’s see what customers had to say about the Kahlo Sofa and if it’s worth buying or not?
1. Kahlo Single Seat Sofa Bed
The Kahlo Single Seat Sofa Bed is available in polyester or velvet fabric. The polyester option has piped edges, giving the sofa a refined and stylish touch. The velvet option is soft and luxurious. The legs are made of responsibly sourced timber and are 14cm high.
Dimensions as sofa: 42cm high x 78cm wide x 50cm deep
Dimensions as bed: 76cm wide x 193cm long
The simple click-clack mechanism allows you to turn this sofa into a bed in a few seconds. Once folded into a bed, it can sleep one person.
Price: from £300 (for salt grey fabric)
2. Kahlo Double Seat Sofa Bed
The Kahlo Double Seat Sofa Bed is also available in polyester or velvet fabric upholstery, with wide range of colour options to choose from. It can seat two people comfortably and won’t take that much space in your room.
Dimensions as sofa: 42cm high x 122cm wide x 50cm deep
Dimensions as bed: 122cm wide x 193cm long
The Kahlo Double Seat sofa bed can set two people. However, it might be a bit tight for two people to sleep there, since it’s 122cm wide.
Price: from £425 (for salt grey fabric)
3. Kahlo Large Double Seat Sofa Bed
The Kahlo Large Double Sofa Bed is suitable for larger living spaces, since it’s 141cm wide. You can buy it in velvet or polyester fabric, and choose from 7 colours.
Dimensions as sofa: 42cm high x 142cm wide x 50cm deep
Dimensions as bed: 141cm wide x 193cm long
The Large Double sofa bed can seat three and sleep two people quite comfortably. It’s the largest of all three sizes (measuring 141cm in width). The sofa has a click-clack mechanism, which makes it is easy to turn into a bed.
Price: from £525
Eight colours to choose from:
You can order the Kahlo Sofa Bed in several colours and fabrics. The velvet upholstery fabric is made from recycled materials, while the legs are made from responsibly sourced timber. The legs are black and are 14cm high.
- Sherbet Blue Fabric or Salt Grey Fabric – 100% Polyester
- Arctic Blue, Navy, Sage, Taupe, and Teal in Velvet
- Anthracite Boucle – this colour and fabric option is the most expensive on the list.
The Kahlo Sofa Bed comes with one matching pillow, no matter which sofa size you buy. MADE has two other similar click-clack sofa beds, that come with two matching pillows instead of a single large one. Check out the Haru Sofa Bed and the Bessie Sofa Bed as good alternatives.
MADE has a shipping fee for all furniture orders. The fee will depend on the size of the Kahlo Sofa you choose, and can range between £15 – £39. The delivery times vary between 5 days to a several weeks, depending on the size and colour option you choose.
The Kahlo Sofa Bed will arrive in 1 large box. Below are the dimensions of the shipping box and its weight depending on the size you purchase:
- Single size: 29 x 132 x 81 cm, weight 20kg.
- Double Seat size: 29 x 145 x 132 cm, weight 32kg.
- Large Double size: 29 x 132 x 133 cm, weight 31kg.
The assembly is quite easy, all you have to do is fit the legs and you’re ready to use the Kahlo Sofa Bed at home.
Below you can see customer photos of the Kahlo Sofa Bed in sherbet blue fabric.
Kahlo Sofa Bed Review:
The Kahlo Sofa Bed has a high customer rating, with many customers agreeing that its beautiful, easy to convert into a bed, and is good quality. The Kahlo sofa in standard polyester has a higher rating at 4.4/5 stars from 122 reviews, while the velvet option has a slightly lower rating at 4.1/5 stars from 102 reviews.
- Many have said that the Kahlo sofa is easy to assemble and switch between chair and bed layouts.
- Many agree that the Kahlo is sturdy and high quality, perfectly sized for either a single or double sofa bed that is quick and easy to set up and sleep on for a couple of nights.
- Other features that customers were please with included the hidden pockets to store the two extra legs for the bed when not in use, and the comfort of the padding which especially praised for the velvet option, though noted repeatedly in reviews of the standard seat as well.
- Some buyers found the bed uncomfortable. They commented that the cushions are quite hard to sleep on and that they don’t spring back to form particularly easily once dented – for example with prolonged pressure or body weight. You may want to purchase a mattress topper if you plan on using the sofa bed often. The Dorma mattress topper is a good and inexpensive option.
- Other customers have said that they had to wait a long time (in some cases 4 months) for the sofa to arrive. However, once they received it, many said it was worth the wait.
Overall, customers are pleased with the seat for quality, comfort and ease of use for the price point offered.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of August 27, 2023.