iGel Mattress Reviews 2023
iGel Memory Foam Mattresses are advanced “next generation” memory foam mattresses sold exclusively by Bensons for Beds. This is a patented technology designed to help you maintain an ideal, natural temperature between 35 to 37° Celsius while you sleep.
The special iGel that’s found inside regulates body temperature in real time, so you that you never feel too hot or too cold when sleeping.
There is also a layer of pocket springs, which are individually cased springs giving you better comfort.
All iGel mattresses are made in the UK and come with 10-year guarantee. They are CertiPur™ accredited, meaning that they are made without harmful materials or toxic chemicals.
What is iGel?
iGel™ provides intelligent temperature regulation. It’s been specially formulated so that sleepers will not feel too hot or too cold when they sleep. The iGel responds to your body temperature and absorbs excess heat and moisture when you are too hot. It does this up to 7 times faster than standard gel or memory foam. Alternatively, it releases stored heat when you are too cold. This technology keeps you at just the right comfortable temperature all night long.
In addition to its advanced temperature regulation features, the iGel memory technology also gently soothes away your daily pressures. It contours to your unique body shape, distributing weight evenly. It prevents the hips and shoulders from sinking too deeply into the mattress, promoting a natural pressure-free body alignment.
There are gel crystals inside the iGel layer, which concentrate together and provide targeted support where your body needs it most.
How to choose an iGel mattress?
We’ve listed the top 5 iGel mattresses sorted by customer rating. Here are a few tips on how to compare and choose the mattress that’s right for you:
- One of the main differences between the mattresses is the number of pocket springs inside: 1,600 being the lowest to 4,400 being the highest number.
- Another factor to consider is how deep is the iGel layer inside: it can be between 3cm to 8.5cm.
- You’ll also notice that they differ by the firmness level: they come in either “soft”, “medium” or “firm”.
- And finally, you’ll notice that some come with pillow top or plush top, which creates a sumptuous sleeping surface.
All of the iGel mattresses are available in 5 sizes: single, small double, double, king and super king sizes.
Top 5 iGel Mattresses
There are a total of 5 iGel mattresses and their price ranges between £949.99 – £1,849.99 (for a single size). The most popular is the iGel Advance 2050i Mattress, with a rating of 4.7/5 stars from over 530 customer reviews.
1. iGel Advance 2050i Mattress
The iGel Advance 2050i is the most popular mattress in the iGel collection, as it strikes a good balance between product quality and price. The mattress is 31cm high and is available in “medium” and “firm” comfort grade.
- The mattress has a comfortable EuroTop and stretch-knit cover, which is breathable, soft and luxurious. It has FreshNow™ moisture wicking technology, to keep you fresh and cool during the night.
- There is a 5cm layer of iGel Advance, which absorbs excess heat when you feel too hot or it releases stored heat when you are too cold, providing the right temperature at the right time.
- Inside there is also a layer of 2050 independent pocket springs which support your body and relieve body pressure.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 536 customer reviews
Price: from £1,149.99
2. iGel Advance 3000i Plush Top Mattress
One of the reasons why the iGel Advance 3000i Plush Top mattress is preferred by so many is because it’s available in “soft”, “medium”, or “firm” comfort level. It measures 32cm in height.
- The mattress comes with sumptuous plush top, which is luxurious and comfortable. The cover is also made using FreshNow™ advanced moisture wicking technology.
- It has 5cm of iGel Advance, which regulates temperature very well and relieves body pressure.
- There are 3,000 dual layer pocket springs for premium support. It has minimum motion transfer between sleeping partners.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 319 customer reviews
Price: from £1,549.99
3. iGel Advance 3000i Pillow Top Mattress
This is the only iGel mattress with a quilted pillow top, providing a soft cloud feel surface. The iGel Advance 3000i Pillow Top mattress is 33cm high and is available in “medium” and “firm” comfort grade.
- The mattress has a pillow top, which creates a cloud-like sleep surface. It is made with a special FreshNow™ moisture wicking fabric, for a fresh and cool night sleep.
- It has 5cm of iGel Advance. The special beaded gel relieves pressure, while also absorbing excess heat 7 times faster than standard memory foam.
- Inside there are two layers of 3,000 individually encased pocket springs, providing premium support and comfort. The springs also reduce motion transfer between sleeping partners. The AdvantEdge™ foam on all four sides of the mattress provides very good edge to edge support.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 224 customer reviews
Price: from £1,274.99 (reg. £1,349.99)
4. iGel Advance 3500i Plush Top Mattress
The iGel Advance 3500i Plush Top Mattress is top of the line iGel mattress. It is 37cm high and is available in both “medium” or “firm” comfort.
- On top there is a plush pop for a luxurious night sleep and indulgent comfort. The cover is made using FreshNow™ advanced moisture wicking technology.
- There is a deep 7.5cm layer of iGel Advance, which regulates body temperature and provides pressure relief. It also wicks away moisture for a fresh night sleep.
- Inside there are 3500 pocket springs for premium support. Each spring responds individually to your body weight and pressure. The high number of springs also help minimise motion and partner disturbance during the night.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 212 customer reviews
Price: from £1,599.99 (reg. £1,699.99)
5. iGel Advance 1600i Mattress
The iGel Advance 1600i mattress has the lowest price in the iGel mattress collection. It measures 26cm in height and is available in “medium” comfort grade.
- The mattress has a stretch-knit cover, which is soft and breathable. It’s been quilted with FreshNow™ moisture wicking fibres.
- It has a 3cm layer of iGel Advance designed to whisk away moisture and regulate your temperature for a restful sleep.
- There is also a layer of 1,600 pocket springs which offer individual comfort and support. The mattress is also made of beaded gels, which provide soothing pressure relief. They are made from 100% recycled PET and fillings and fabric to create an eco-friendly product.
Rating: 4.5/5 from 86 customer reviews
Price: from £949.99
iGel Advance 3000i Plush Top Divan Bed Set
All of the iGel mattresses can be purchased together with a divan base. This allows you to save time and money by purchasing an iGel mattress and divan bed as a set.
The divan bases can be customised to include: two side drawers or a full front ottoman. Plus there are 10 different colour options to choose from. (Headboard needs to be purchased separately). The height of the divan base is 40cm and you can choose between castors or glides.
Sizes: double, king, super king
Price: from £2,379.99
iGel Pegasus Mattress
The iGel Pegasus mattress was a very popular model, however it’s no longer manufactured and sold. Inside it had 5cm of iGel memory technology, which intelligently supports your body to relieve contact pressure. Also, there were 1800 pocket springs encased inside protective foam wall, which provides additional body support. Since it had 1800 pocket springs, alternatively you can try the iGel Advance 1600 or iGel Advance 2000 which we reviewed above on this list.
iGel vs. Tempur Mattress
Tempur® is one of the leading luxury mattress brands worldwide, so let’s look at how they compare against iGel. First, we need to consider the fact that all iGel mattresses have a layer of pocket springs inside. However, only the Tempur Hybrid Mattress collection comes with a layer of pocket springs (the rest are made using Tempur® advanced memory foam).
The Tempur® Hybrid Mattress collection has a “medium” comfort grade level, and it’s depth ranges from 21cm to 30cm, which depends on the model you buy: Supreme, Elite, or Luxe. Inside there is a layer of 10cm pocketed micro coil springs, while on top there is a layer of Advanced Tempur® and Dynamic support technology, which deliver very good comfort and support.
The Tempur® Hybrid Elite Mattress has 1100 pocket springs and it’s priced at £2,099 for a double size. On the other hand, the iGel Advance 2050i Mattress has more pocket springs than Tempur and is better priced! It’s £1,299.99 for a double size, which is £900 cheaper.
All of the iGel mattresses are exclusively sold by Bensons for Beds. There is a delivery fee of £39 on all orders over £100. Their delivery coverage includes post codes in mainland Britain (England, Scotland and Wales). For remote post codes, please double check with their delivery terms.
Bensons for Beds also has a Mattress Recycling Service for a small fee of around £35-50. They’ll take away your old mattress, the same day that they deliver your new one, and have most or all parts of it recycled, so you’re doing your bid for the environment. Alternatively, you may want to consider donating it to a local UK charity.
It’s important to note that all of the iGel mattresses come with 10 year guarantee. This means that Bensons for Beds will repair or replace the mattress within 10 years of purchase.
Bensons for Beds is UK’s leading bed retailer, and was founded nearly 70 years ago. They are committed to using more fabrics free of chemicals and new fillings which are produced using less CO2. The iGel mattresses contain soft and greener fillings and fabrics, making them more sustainable, greener and safer.
In particular, the iGel™ Advance Graphene is CertiPur™ accredited, which means that it’s free from synthetic additives and any harmful chemicals.
Bensons for Beds iGel mattress collection vs. Dream’s TheraPur ActiGel mattresses:
When you compare the iGel mattress collection by Bensons for Beds to the TheraPur ActiGel mattress collection sold by Dreams, you’ll notice that the iGel mattresses have a deeper layer of iGel and generally have a lower price. For example, the TheraPur ActiGel® Polar 2600 Mattress is 27cm high and has 4cm of ActiGel zoned and profiled foam, for improved airflow and better temperature regulation.
The TheraPur ActiGel mattress has a regular price of £1,499 for double size. On the other hand, the iGel Advance 2050i mattress is 31cm high and has 5cm layer of iGel and is priced at £1,299.99, which is £200 cheaper!
iGel Mattress Reviews
Overall the iGel mattresses have overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers, with many people finding the mattress comfortable and not overheating while they sleep. Also, the majority of iGel mattress models have a high 4.7 out of 5 star rating. Below is the top and lowest rated model:
- The most popular is the iGel Advance 2050i Mattress, with 4.7/5 stars from over 530 customers reviewing it.
- On the other hand, the iGel Advance 4400i Mattress has 3.8 out of 5 stars from 25 reviews and is considered the lowest rated iGel model.
Below are some of the pros and cons of the iGel mattresses according to verified customer reviews.
- Many find their iGel mattress comfortable and very supportive, and have seen the quality of their sleep improved. A few people have gone as far as to say that it sleeping on the iGel mattress has alleviated some of their back pain.
- Another main benefit that people have pointed out is that the mattress doesn’t overheat, especially during the hot summer months. The iGel layer works well to cool you down and regulate body temperature.
- Several couples have reported that they don’t feel their partner’s movement at all during the night, hence there is very little or no motion transfer between partners. This allows for a more restful night’s sleep.
- While the fast majority have said that the iGel keeps them cool at night, a few have said that they don’t feel the cooling effect.
- A few have said that their mattress fells firmer than they anticipated, and needed to wait a few weeks for it to soften up and for them to get used to it.
- Several customers have said that the mattress is too high. Keep in mind that depending the height of the iGel mattresses is between 27-38cm, depending on the model. You’ll also need to consider how high your divan base or bed frame is. Add those two things up and you can calculate the total height of your bed, so you can decide if it will be easy for you to get in and out of bed.
Overall, customers are happy with their purchase and would recommend their iGel mattress to others. You can read all iGel mattress reviews here, so you can decide if it’s right for you or not.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of August 7, 2023.