iGel Mattress Reviews & Buyers Guide
iGel Memory Foam Mattresses are advanced “next generation” memory foam mattresses sold exclusively by Bensons for Beds. The special iGel that’s found inside regulates body temperature in real time, so you that you never feel too hot or too cold when sleeping. There is also a layer of pocket springs, which are individually cased springs giving you better comfort. All iGel mattresses come with 10-year guarantee, giving you extra piece of mind.
What is iGel?
iGel™ provides intelligent temperature regulation. It’s been specially formulated so that sleepers will not feel too hot or too cold when they sleep. The iGel responds to your body temperature and absorbs excess heat and moisture when you are too hot. It does this up to 7 times faster than standard gel or memory foam. Alternatively, it releases stored heat when you are too cold. This technology keeps you at just the right comfortable temperature all night long.
In addition to its advanced temperature regulation features, the iGel memory technology also gently soothes away your daily pressures. It contours to your unique body shape, distributing weight evenly. It prevents the hips and shoulders from sinking too deeply into the mattress, promoting a natural pressure-free body alignment.
There are gel crystals inside the iGel layer, which concentrate together and provide targeted support where your body needs it most.
How to choose an iGel mattress?
We’ve listed the top 3 iGel mattresses sorted by customer rating. One of the main differences between the mattresses is the number of pocket springs inside, 1,600 being the lowest to 3,000 being the highest number. Another factor to consider is how thick is the iGel layer inside, it can be between 3cm to 7.5cm. You’ll also notice that they differ by the firmness level: they come in either “soft/medium”, “medium” or “firm”. And finally, you’ll notice that some come with pillow top or plush top, which creates a sumptuous sleeping surface.
All of the iGel mattresses are available in single, small double, double, king and super king sizes. When you choose your mattress you’ll also be able to choose a quilted top pattern design in six colour schemes to fit your bedroom interior.
Top 3 iGel mattresses (sorted by rating)
1. iGel Advance 1600 Mattress
Review: 5.0/5 from 2 customers
- It’s made of 1,600 pocket springs encased in foam to offer comfort and support.
- It has 3cm layer of iGel Advanced designed to whisk away moisture and regulate your temperature for a restful sleep. The mattress is also made of beaded gels, 100% recycled PET and fillings and fabric to create an eco-friendly product.
- Also, this mattress is antibacterial, hypoallergenic and made with a chemical-free formula.
- Finally, the quilted top features a pattern design in six colour schemes to fit your interior.
Firmness level: Firm
Price: £799 (for double size)
2. iGel Advance 3000 Plush Top Mattress
Review: 5.0/5 from 1 customer
- This is top of the line iGel mattress which comes with 3000 pocket springs for premium support
- There is 7.5cm layer of iGel which regulates body temperature and provides pressure relief. It also wicks away moisture for a fresh night sleep.
- It has very good edge support, and it’s antibacterial and hypoallergenic. There is a quilted plush pop for a luxurious night sleep.
Firmness level: Medium or Firm
Price: £1,399 (for double size)
3. iGel Advance 2500 Plush Top Mattress
Review: 4.7/5 from 6 customers
- One of the reasons why you’ll like this mattress is that it’s available in soft/medium, medium, or firm comfort level.
- It features 5cm of iGel, which regulates temperature very well and relieves body pressure.
- There are 2500 dual layer pocket springs for premium support. It has minimum motion transfer between sleeping partners.
- It has premium edge support, it’s antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
- Comes with sumptuous pillow top mattress
Firmness level: Soft/Medium, Medium, Firm
Price: £1,199 (for double size)
Another high rated mattress you should take a look at.
4. iGel Advance 2000 Mattress
Review: 4.4/5 from 9 customers
- 2000 independent pocket springs which support your body and relieve pressure.
- 5cm layer of iGel which absorbs excess heat when you feel too hot or it releases stored heat when you are too cold, providing the right temperature at the right time.
- It’s antibacterial and hypoallergenic. Comes with luxurious Euro Quilted top
- Firmness level: Firm
Price: £899 (for double size)
iGel Pegasus Mattress
Inside there is 5cm of iGel memory technology, which intelligently supports your body to relieve contact pressure. There are 1800 pocket springs encased inside protective foam wall, which provides additional body support. The iGel Pegasus mattress was very popular, however it’s no longer manufactured and sold. Since it had 1800 pocket springs, alternatively you can try the iGel Advance 1600 or iGel Advance 2000 which we reviewed above on this list.
iGel Mattress Reviews
One of the reasons why shopping from Bensons for Beds is easy is that you can read reviews left by customers who have bought any of their products. This will give you a good idea about what other people thought and if they were happy after sleeping on the mattress at home.
Overall the iGel mattresses have good positive reviews, with many people finding the mattress comfortable and not overheating while they sleep. Inside there is moisture-wicking material, temperature-regulation and comfortable fillings. The mattress is designed to quickly absorb heat to help you feel cool and fresh, which is usually a hit among customers. It is also a great addition if you are looking to live a greener lifestyle.
There is one aspect of this mattress that may result in a few negative reviews from customers. As you know, the mattress only needs to be rotated on occasion. This usually means the fillings and topper are only on one side of the mattress. Therefore, you want to ensure the comfortable side is always on top, even when you do rotate the mattress. Failure to double-check this could result in an uncomfortable, restless sleep.
All of the iGel mattresses are exclusively sold by Bensons for Beds. They come with free delivery on all orders over £100. Their delivery coverage includes postcodes in mainland Britain (England, Scotland and Wales). For remote postcodes, please double check with their delivery terms. You can also check out our list of top 10 mattresses, which also come with free delivery and 100 night trial.
It’s important to note that all of the iGel mattresses come with 10 year guarantee. This means that Bensons for Beds will repair or replace the mattress within 10 years of purchase.
Bensons for Beds is UK’s leading bed retailer, and was founded nearly 70 years ago. They are committed to using more fabrics free of chemicals and new fillings which are produced using less CO2. The iGel mattresses contain soft and greener fillings and fabrics, and are overall greener, safer and chemical free. They are made from hypoallergenic and antibacterial materials.
How many iGell mattresses can I shoose from? There are a total of 5 mattresses. In addition, you can buy an iGel Pillow for Side Sleepers or for Front/Back sleepers as well as an iGel Mattress Protector.
The mattresses come in single, small double, double, king and super king sizes. This means that you can get them for your master bedroom, a guest room, or a children’s bedroom.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of October 14, 2020.