Flaxby Mattress Reviews 2023
The Flaxby Mattress collection contains natural materials and offers advanced support for your body throughout the night.
The mattresses are handcrafted by Harrison Spinks and sold exclusively by Dreams. Harrison Spinks was founded in 1840 and is a fifth generation family owned business.
Are Flaxby Mattresses Any Good?
Each Flaxby mattress combines a layer of pocket springs and natural fibres. The materials used are largely sourced in the UK, from wool to hemp, to luxurious cashmere, ensuring a better deal for the environment.
They are traditionally hand tufted and have two rows of hand side stitching, for advanced edge to edge support and durability.
The Flaxby mattress collection is natural, chemical free and is 100% recyclable.
There are over 1,800 customer reviews from people who bought a Flaxby mattress. In this guide, we’ll check the pros and cons and if it’s worth buying or not?
Top 5 Flaxby Mattresses (sorted by rating)
In this guide we’ll review the Top 5 Flaxby Mattresses, so you can compare them and choose the best one. When looking at each mattress model, you should check how many springs there are, what materials there inside (for example: Egyptian cotton, wool, mohair, and/or hemp), and what is the depth and firmness.
1. Flaxby Nature’s Dawn All Seasons Pocket Sprung Mattress
The Flaxby Nature’s Dawn All Seasons Pocket Sprung Mattress is the most popular model with near perfect reviews from customers. It’s 25cm deep and has a “firm” comfort grade.
- Inside there are 2,902 pocket and mini springs (in the king size). Each spring moves independently and adapts to your unique body shape, while also providing support for your spine.
- The mattress also has a layer of cotton and British wool, which wicks away moisture and regulates body temperature. In addition, there is a soft damask cover, which is comfortable and helps to prolong the life of the mattress.
Rating: 4.8/5 from 85 customer reviews
Price: from £999
2. Flaxby Nature’s Finest 4450 Pillow Top Mattress
The Flaxby Nature’s Finest 4450 Pillow Top Mattress is 25cm deep and is available in “soft” or “medium”.
- It has a sumptuous pillow top and 4,450 pocket springs (in the king size). They combine both DNAir and Cortec pocket springs, which are comfortable and supportive, while also providing pressure relief.
- The layers of natural cotton, wool and hemp, will keep you cool during the summer months, and are naturally supportive. The luxurious wool blend damask cover is durable and absorbent.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 757 customer reviews
Price: from £1,199
3. Flaxby Nature’s Finest 8150 DNAir Mattress
The Flaxby Nature’s Finest 8150 DNAir Mattress is 23cm deep and is available in “medium” or “firm”.
- It has 8,150 pocket springs (in the king size). Here you have a combination of Cortec and DNA springs, which provide better weight distribution and pressure relief.
- This is also a layer of Egyptian cotton, wool, and mohair. This combination of natural fibers provides a softer and smoother texture, and regulates body temperature very well. There is a luxury wool blend damask cover, making the mattress durable.
This mattress is unique because is dual sided. One side will keep you cool in the summer months, while the other side will keep you warmer and cosy in the winter months. So you can rotate it with the seasons.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 371 customer reviews
Price: from £1,399
4. Flaxby Nature’s Dusk All Seasons Pocket Sprung Mattress
The Flaxby Nature’s Dusk All Seasons Pocket Sprung Mattress is 25cm deep and is available in “firm” comfort grade.
- There are 2,902 pocket and mini springs (in the king size), which are individually wrapped in fabric and provide even body weight distribution and correct spine alignment.
- There is also a layer of natural cotton and British wool, which naturally regulates body temperature. The mattress has a durable soft damask cover and three rows of side stitching.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 29 customer reviews
Price: from £999
5. Flaxby Nature’s Finest 9450 Pillow Top Mattress
The Flaxby Nature’s Finest 9450 Pillow Top Mattress is 28cm deep and is available in “medium” or “firm”.
- It has a sumptuous pillow top and 9,450 pocket springs (in the king size). The DNAir and Cortec pocket spring system provide enhanced comfort and premium support.
- There are layers of Egyptian cotton, wool, mohair and hemp, which are all natural and have cooling and anti-bacterial properties. They provide a luxurious and smoother sleep surface. The damask cover is made of a luxury wool blend.
Rating: 4.6/5 from 368 customer reviews
Price: from £1,699
Flaxby Divan Base
For those that need to buy or upgrade their divan base, Dreams has a matching Flaxby sprung divan base. There are 1,000 pocket springs inside, designed to add comfort to your mattress and expand the longevity of your mattress, when compared to using a solid slat or sprung slat base.
The upholstery fabric is a hard-wearing fabric, which is high quality and durable. There are several stylish headboards that you can choose from (need to be purchased separately). A divan base with drawers is another popular option, as the drawers provide plenty of storage without taking up additional floor space.
Rating: 4.7/5 from 294 reviews
Price: £650 (for double size no drawers)
How to choose the right Flaxby mattress?
There are a total of 7 Flaxby mattresses that you can choose from. When you are comparing the mattresses, you should check the number of pocket springs there are inside. Generally, mattresses with 1,000 pocket springs and above are considered to be highly supportive and relive body pressure better.
There are three types of springs used inside the Flaxby mattresses: DNA, DNAir, and Cortec™.
- DNAir springs are full size and are enhanced by perforated sides, to allow for greater airflow inside the mattress.
- The DNA pocket springs on the other hand are mini in size, and contour to a person’s body shape better.
- Finally, the Cortec™ pocket springs are individually wrapped in their own fabric pocket. They are tighter and smaller providing extra resistance, support and strength.
For those who prefer sleeping on a pillowtop mattress, there are three Flaxby mattresses that come with sumptuous pillowtop, which adds another layer of comfort and luxury.
Another important point to keep in mind is the mattress firmness, you can find a soft, medium or firm mattress, to best suit your needs. There is no “extra firm” option, so if you’re looking for an extra firm mattress check out the Silentnight Sofia 1200 Mirapocket Mattress.
The depth or thickness of the mattresses ranges from 23cm to 30cm.
How are Flaxby Mattresses made?
Flaxby mattresses are made of 100% natural fillings that offer both comfort and temperature control. The mattresses also feature a DNAir pocket spring system that promotes air circulation. This way, your mattress remains fresh and dry throughout the night.
A split-level tension is available upon request, making it easier for couples to find the right amount of firmness. With such customisation, each person can set their own comfort level without disrupting the other.
Harrison Spinks uses only wool and mohair, which are locally sourced from farms in and around Yorkshire. The wool has anti-bacterial properties, and naturally wicks moisture away, while mohair offers resistance to mildew.
While the Flaxby mattresses generally have a higher price tag than other pocket spring mattresses, they are actually less expensive than Vispring’s Natural mattress collection (which ranges between £1520-£6899).
All Flaxby mattresses come with a free delivery to your doorstep, which is usually done within 7 business days up to 4 weeks, depending on the availability of the product.
In addition, depending on the model they are covered by a 1 or 5 year guarantee. However, there is an option to extend it to 8 years, by purchasing an additional Bed Cover Plan from Dreams.
It’s important to note, that Dreams offers it’s customers 40 nights period to sleep on the mattress, and if within that time you’re not happy with it, the company will exchange it for a different one. If you’re looking for a mattress that comes with 100 or up to 365 night trial, with free no-hassle return policy if you don’t like it, check out our guide on best mattresses with free trial.
Below you can see photos of the Flaxby mattress once it has been purchased and set up for sleeping.
Flaxby Mattress Reviews
The Flaxby Mattress collection has a high customer rating, with average reviews ranging from 4.9/5 stars being the highest to 4.6/5 stars being the lowest. The best rated Flaxby mattress is Flaxby Nature’s Dawn All Seasons Pocket Sprung Mattress, which has 4.9/5 stars from over 74 customers. Below you can read a summary of the pros and cons left by customers.
- Many are satisfied from their new Flaxby mattress and have said that it’s comfortable and supportive. They wake up feeling rested and are enjoying a good night sleep.
- Some have even stated that they are no longer waking up in the middle of the night because of their partners disturbance or because of back pain. Some have gone as far to say that their back pain and/or hip pain has completely gone away.
- While the Flaxby mattresses are more on the expensive side, many have said that it’s worth the price. Overall people enjoy and choose Flaxby mattresses because they are made of natural materials and offer good all-round support.
- On the negative side, some customers have been disappointed by the firmness of their new Flaxby mattress. Some have said that it’s too hard and they have a hard time sleeping on it. However, mattress firmness is a personal preference and it’s nearly impossible to get it right 100% of the time. Therefore you can exchange it with a different one that has a more suitable firmness under Dream’s 40 Night Comfort Guarantee.
- A few other customers have said that their mattress has very little edge support, or that it has dipped or sagged in the middle after sleeping on it for some time.
Make sure you read all Flaxby mattress reviews here.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of March 17, 2023.