Simply Bensons Mattress Reviews & Buyers Guide
The Simply Bensons mattresses are a range of budget to mid-range products from Bensons for Beds, seeking to appeal to those looking for great value mattresses without compromising the quality of the market-leading brand. Although many of their products have been available for several years, the new range’s launch enables those looking for a bargain to have a focal point for their search.
The products included are all handcrafted in the UK, come with 5 year guarantee and are uncompromising when it comes to industry standards. In this buyer’s guide we’ll take a look at six of the mattresses within the range in more detail.
How to choose a Simply Bensons mattress?
There are several factors you should keep in mind when deciding which Simply Bensons mattress is right for you. First, you should think about which firmness rating you prefer the most: soft, medium, firm or extra firm. This will help narrow down your options. Next, you should consider whether you like to sleep on a open coil or pocket spring mattress. Pocket spring mattresses isolate motion transfer between sleeping partners very well and generally adapt to your body’s shape better. Lastly, you should also consider how deep you want the mattress to be, ranging from: 22cm to 31cm.
When it comes to the price of the Simply Bensons mattresses, they all come at an affordable price point, ranging from £109 to £229 for a single size, while the super king size can go for £229 all the way up to £439 depending on the model. If you have a higher budget, you might also want to check out Slumberland Rollo mattress collection or the Slumberland Esprit Pocket 800 mattress, which both have high customer reviews and are made from premium materials.
Top 6 Simply Bensons Mattresses (sorted by rating)
1. Simply Bensons Rafferty Options Pillow Top Mattress
Review: 4.8/5 from 24 customers
- The Rafferty Pillow Top mattress is 31cm deep and is an open coil mattress with a layer of dual performance white eco fibre.
- The Rafferty mattress’s standout component is the pillowtop feature with Superflex foam, which provides a superb cushion throughout the night and ensures a perfect night’s sleep. The Rafferty is also an easy-care, no turn mattress, with handles for ease of rotating.
- This is an excellent option for people who enjoy extra padding throughout the night, as the pillow top component adds a sensation of weightlessness, while still ensuring support is offered across the surface thanks to the inclusion of the open coils.
Firmness level: Medium or Firm
Price: from £229
2. Simply Bensons Arabelle Options Mattress
Review: 4.7/5 from 16 customers
- The Simply Bensons Arabelle Options mattress is 26cm deep and has a layer of open coil springs inside.
- The Arabelle mattress has a quilted mattress cover, and two layers of eco-fibre fillings which provide extra comfort at an excellent price.
- It is available in a soft or medium comfort rating, for those that like sleeping on a softer surface.
Firmness level: Soft or Medium
Price: from £129
3. Simply Bensons Pennington Options Pocket 800 Mattress
Review: 4.6/5 from 19 customers
- The Simply Bensons Pennington mattress is 26cm deep and comprises of 800 responsive pocket springs, designed for individual support across the mattress’s surface.
- The surface layer’s woven quilted fabric ensures the mattress is soft to the touch and provides additional comfort throughout the night.
- The Pennington is an ideal option if you’re looking for the support offered by a traditional mattress, but don’t want to compromise on comfort.
Firmness level: Firm
Price: from £209
4. Simply Bensons Naples Options 1000 Pocket Mattress
Review: 4.6/5 from 18 customers
- The Naples Options 1000 Pocket Mattress is 28.5cm deep and has 1000 super responsive pocket springs, packed within the mattress to provide unrivalled individual support to cater for all sleeping positions.
- The surface layer benefits from soft-touch knitted fabric, quilted with white eco-fibre fillings ensuring premium comfort throughout the night.
- Like all the mattresses in the Simply Bensons range, the Naples is an exceptional product at an affordable price and is an excellent choice for those looking to freshen things up in the bedroom.
Firmness level: Medium
Price: from £229
5. Simply Bensons Lyndon Options Mattress
Review: 4.6/5 from 16 customers
- The Simply Bensons Lyndon Options Mattress is 22cm deep, has open coil springs inside and is the most affordable option from the Simply Bensons collection.
- On top there is a high quality woven quilted fabric, followed by a dual eco-fibre layer.
- The mattress has strong edge-to-edge support and provides good body support.
Firmness level: Medium
Price: from £109
6. Simply Bensons Redmond Ortho Options Mattress
Review: 4.5/5 from 39 customers
- The Redmond Ortho Options from Bensons (26cm deep) is an orthopaedic mattresses designed to ensure maximum support is provided throughout the night. It is a tufted mattress designed specifically for firmer support and durability.
- Before choosing an ortho mattress, it’s always a good idea to test out firmness in advance, particularly if you suffer from back pain.
- In terms of price point and quality, this could be an excellent option for you if you’re looking for a firm mattress to improve your sleep quality throughout the night.
Firmness level: Firm or Extra Firm
Price: from £149
Bensons for Beds offers free delivery on all orders over £100. Since all Simply Bensons mattresses are over that amount (when they are not on sale), they also qualify for the free delivery. They also come with 5 year guarantee.
Make sure you also double check if the mattress is turnable or not, which has to do with whether it’s double or single sided. The advantages of a turnable mattress is that if it’s turned (or flipped over) regularly it will prolong its life as you use it throughout the years.
On the other hand if the mattress is “no turn, rotate only”, this means that should only rotate it clock wise or counter clock wise, which also helps to create an even wear. Which ever option you choose, you can use the handles which are located on the sides of all Simply Bensons mattresses, which are convenient and make turning and rotating easy.
Simply Bensons Mattress Reviews
The top rated Simply Bensons mattress is the Rafferty Options Pillow Top Mattress averaging an impressive 4.8/5 stars from 24 reviews. Many customers are satisfied with their new mattress, saying that it’s very comfortable, affordable and well worth the money. One person also mentioned that they no longer experience any back pain and are sleeping a lot better. The only negative 1 star review came from a customer that hasn’t received the product after 3 months, however this delivery issue should be sorted out with Bensons for Beds customer support. Overall, the estimated delivery period for their mattresses is around 2 weeks, which is a reasonable time frame.
Overall all mattresses from the Simply Bensons collection have a high customer rating, from 4.5/5 to 4.8/5 stars. Reading the customer reviews beforehand will give you an idea how comfortable the mattress really is. Make sure you read all customer reviews here.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of March 19, 2021.