Dreams Workshop Morris Traditional Spring Mattress Reviews
The Morris Traditional Spring Mattress from Dreams is a popular and luxury-feel mattress, without the high price tag that many of its competitors carry.
The Morris mattress strikes a fine balance between comfort and traditional support. It also provides exceptional value for money for those hoping to upgrade their home mattress without wanting to pay over the odds for some of the biggest brand names available on the UK market.
It is handcrafted in the UK as part of the Dreams Workshop Collection, the Morris joins a catalogue of other mattresses that have been consistently well received by customers.
What’s Inside the Morris Traditional Spring Mattress?
The Morris Traditional Spring Mattress is 21cm deep and is rated as having “firm” comfort feel. It is made of several layers, which include:
- On top there is a soft damask cover, that has been tufted for additional support.
- Then there is a comfort layer, which is made up of a variation of polyester fillings, which make the sleep surface more comfortable and supportive.
- In the middle there are 288 hourglass-shaped Bonnell springs (inside the double size) that effortlessly mould around the contours of your body to provide support across the entire surface of the mattress. The springs are perfectly complemented by the deep filling layer in the upper portion of the mattress.
- There is a second comfort layer under the Bonnell springs, and finally there is a durable base fabric which holds the mattress together.
Keep in mind that the number of Bonnell springs is different for each mattress size. For example, the single size has: 192, the small double size has 264, the double size has 288, and the king size has 325 springs inside.
The Morris Traditional Spring Mattress is made in Oldbury, West Midlands and comes with 1 year guarantee.
Sizes: small single, single, small double, double, king
Rating: 4.7/5 from 2,455 reviews
Price: from £379 depending on size
Buying the Morris Traditional Spring Mattress from Dreams is a seamless process, too. You can enjoy free delivery of the mattress within 1-4 weeks depending on its availability. In addition to this, you can sign up for their popular old mattress disposal service, where you are assured that Dreams recycles your old mattress in an environmentally friendly way.
Also, with a one year guarantee, you’re covered if you encounter any issues with the Morris Mattress once it has been delivered to your home.
What’s more, it’s the ideal addition to your master, guest, or even kids’ bedroom, as it is available in a range of sizes. The fact that it’s available as a small single (2’6 x 6’3) makes it a great choice if you’re short on space or hoping to upgrade the kids’ mattresses in particular.
You should note that this is a “single sided” mattress, so it’s recommended to rotate it clock or counterclockwise regularly, however do not turn it over.
Shopping Tip: Dreams sells a very similar mattress called the Turner Traditional Spring Mattress which is also “firm” and is 21cm deep. If you prefer to buy a pocket spring mattress, which offers more tailored support to your body, then the Maitland Pocket Spring mattress is a great choice. It’s “firm”, 25cm deep and has 858 supportive individually wrapped pocket springs (inside the double size).
Below you can see the Morris Traditional Spring Mattress, once it has been delivered and set up in a bedroom. These photos are uploaded by customers who bought the mattress, and who have stated that they are very happy with the quality and comfort. You can read more reviews below.
Morris Traditional Spring Mattress Reviews
From more than 2,450 reviews, the Morris Traditional Spring Mattress from Dreams scores an impressive 4.7 out of 5.0 stars. Overall, many find the mattress to be comfortable, great value for the money, and have been happy with the fast delivery.
- More than 1,800 of the reviewers gave five stars and have been extremely impressed by the quality of the mattress.
- It’s evident that buyers are thrilled with the exceptional value for money, as well as the comfort and support provided by the Morris mattress.
- Given one of the biggest concerns people have about new mattresses is in regard to their firmness rating, it’s clear that most customers are in agreement that the Morris mattress is appropriately described as a firm sleep surface.
- While there is a small selection of negative reviews, most of them are complaints of issues with the delivery and set up of the mattress, many of which are likely to have been resolved by Dreams.
- Some other customers have mentioned that they believed the Morris to be too hard, suggesting that there isn’t a great deal of flexibility in the surface. However, this mattress is covered by Dream’s 40 night sleep guarantee, which allows you to exchange it for a different one that is more suitable.
Given how highly the Morris mattress has scored from more than 2,400 reviews, it’s fair to say that it’s an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality, luxury-feel mattress for a fraction of the price of some of the biggest brand names in the industry. Make sure you read all customer reviews here.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of September 8, 2022.