TEMPUR CoolTouch Sensation Mattress Reviews
The TEMPUR Sensation Mattress collection offers a firm feel with a “bounce”, and is a preferred product for those who like sleeping on a firmer mattress.
The mattresses have a natural bounce without the help of springs, something that customers are consistently impressed with. The award-winning TEMPUR material is combined with Dynamic Support Technology to provide comfort, pressure relief, and durability.
The TEMPUR Sensation mattresses are easy to maintain and come with a removable and washable cover. The CoolTouch cover reduces excess heat throughout the night, which is another benefit of the Sensation range. In this review, we’ll compare the Supreme, Elite, and Luxe mattresses and see what customers had to say.
What’s Inside the TEMPUR® Sensation Mattress Collection?
The first thing you’ll notice is that the layers and mattress depth is different for each of the three models. The Supreme is 21cm deep, the Elite is 25cm deep, and the Luxe is 30cm deep.
- Inside there is a layer of TEMPUR® Material which was first developed by NASA to support astronauts during lift-off. It’s designed to relieve pressure points within your body.
- In the middle there is a special Dynamic Support Technology layer, which creates the sensation of “bounce”, which you would normally feel in a spring mattress. It offers supreme comfort and very good pressure relief.
- Lastly there is a layer of Durable Base on the bottom, which is high density memory foam and keeps the mattress strong and durable throughout the years.
1. TEMPUR CoolTouch Sensation Supreme Mattress
The TEMPUR Supreme mattress is the first product in the Sensation range. It comes at a depth of 21cm and has almost the same layers as the Elite, except for the DuraBase which is 11cm and not 14cm.
The TEMPUR Supreme mattress has visco-elastic cells that conform and adapt to a person’s unique body shape and relieve pressure across the surface of the entire mattress. TEMPUR’s Dynamic Support technology adds resilient support and allows for ease of movement across the bed.
Rating: 4.8/5 stars from 40 reviews
Price: from £1,499 (depending on size)
2. TEMPUR CoolTouch Sensation Elite Mattress
Manufactured from the same materials as the Supreme, the TEMPUR Elite offers extra support layers and a deeper base, at 25cm.
The TEMPUR mattress benefits from visco-elastic cells that effectively mould and adapt to the shape of your body and provide unrivalled comfort throughout the night. The Elite is an excellent choice for those looking for a comfortable night’s sleep aided by decent bounce and an extra layer of support.
Another great thing about the Elite, and other TEMPUR mattresses, for that matter, is that they are considered zero motion, meaning you can enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep even if your partner is prone to moving throughout the night.
Rating: 4.8/5 stars from 1,878 reviews
Price: from £1,699 (depending on size)
3. TEMPUR CoolTouch Sensation Luxe Mattress
The top of the sensation range offered by TEMPUR, the Luxe is the mattress for you if you’re looking for an undisturbed, exceptional night’s sleep on a luxurious mattress. At 30cm, the Luxe is the deepest mattress offered by TEMPUR and combines four individual layers to provide outstanding comfort throughout the night.
Perhaps the TEMPUR Luxe mattress’s standout feature is the 7cm of comfort material on the surface of the mattress, combined with a second layer of dynamic support technology. These top two layers of the Elite mattress combine to provide a spongy yet supportive feel to the mattress, allowing you to have the perfect night’s sleep.
Rating: 4.8/5 stars from 220 reviews
Price: from £1,899 (depending on size)
Buying a TEMPUR® mattress from Dreams is a simple and straight forward process. You’ll get free delivery on all orders within Mainland UK. You can also order the mattresses in single, small double, double, king and super king size. The TEMPUR® Supreme mattresses are covered by a 10 year guarantee.
It’s very easy to maintain and take care of your new TEMPUR Sensation mattress. You won’t need to turn or flip your mattress over. That’s one of the reasons why there are no handles on the sides.
However, it’s still recommended to rotate it head to toe from time to time in order to maintain even wear. You can unzip the removable covers and wash them at 60 degrees or below (make sure you don’t bleach, tumble dry or iron the covers).
Shopping Tip: If you’re looking for another high quality firm mattress by Tempur that has a lower price tag check out the Tempur One mattress, priced at £1,449 for a double size. Alternatively, you can also check out our article on the top 3 Tempur alternative mattresses.
Tempur® Sensation Mattress Reviews:
The TEMPUR Sensation Mattress range is undoubtedly a very good choice for you if you’re looking to sleep on a firmer and at the same time luxurious mattress. When carefully looking at the reviews, all three mattresses have a 4.8 out of 5 star rating. The most popular is the Elite with 4.8/5 stars from over 1,870 customer reviews.
- One thing that’s mentioned consistently in the reviews is that the mattress manages to strike a perfect balance between bounce and support, seeming to offer an ideal mix of both.
- Moreover, customers have said that their new mattress is very comfortable and they are getting a great night sleep. Some have even mentioned that their back pain has significantly been reduced.
- Others have commented widely on how happy they are with the delivery process, saying that the delivery team was professional and friendly.
- Many have said that they are sleeping cool, thanks to the CoolTouch cover, which is also washable and removable.
- While there are only a handful of negative reviews, it’s still important to take them into consideration. One complaint was that the mattress sleeps hot, even though there is a CoolTouch cover. On the other hand, a lot of customers have complimented the mattress that it does actually keep them cool even on hot nights.
- Another critical comment on the mattress is that it feels extra firm in the beginning, while others have said that it was too soft. However, firmness is a subjective opinion that might not apply to everyone. Additionally, Dreams has a 40 Night Comfort Guarantee, allowing customers to exchange their new mattress for a different one that is more suitable.
Make sure you read all customer reviews, so you can determine if this is the right mattress for you or not.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of December 9, 2023.