Annison Combination Mattress Reviews
IMPORTANT: The Annison Combination Mattress has been discontinued by Dreams. Please check out the Kirkham Combination Mattress, which is an upgrade to the Annison Mattress. It also has a layer of memory foam and pocket springs, however it has been improved.
The Kirkham mattress has SmartSilver™ antimicrobial technology and innovative I-Fibre® polyester, which makes the mattress more breathable.
The Dream Team Annison Combination Mattress is no longer sold by Dreams. It had a layer of pressure-relieving memory foam and individually wrapped pocket springs (up to 930). It’s designed to provide a comfortable sleep surface, regardless of your body size or weight.
The Annison Combination Pocket Sprung mattress was made by the Dreams Workshop, which have their own factory in Oldbury, West Midlands with over 150 bed making experts working there.
The Annison is an upgrade from one of Dreams’ best-selling mattresses, the Wakefield. While the spring count and firmness are similar in both, the Annison has been enhanced with even higher density memory foam to bring an even higher quality product to the market.
What’s Inside the Annison Combination Pocket Sprung Mattress?
The Annison Combination Pocket Sprung Mattress is 22cm deep and has a medium comfort rating. It has the following layers inside:
- Soft-touch knitted fabric cover feels comfortable and soft when you go to bed every night.
- There is a 2cm absorbent memory foam layer that moulds to the shape of your body (and your partner’s), which is ideal for relieving painful pressure points and gives you that much-needed additional support throughout the night.
- Comprised of 806 individual pocket springs (for a king size), the mattress strikes the perfect balance between providing enough support so you don’t feel lost in the mattress while being exceptionally comfortable and snug.
On the bottom there is a comfort layer and base fabric which keeps the mattress in place and ensure that it’s durable.
The mattress has stitched sides, which provide edge support and enhanced stability. Keep in mind that the number of pocket springs will vary depending on the size of the mattress you buy, for example the single size has 435 pocket springs, while the king has 806 and the super king has 930 pocket springs inside.
Sizes: single, small double, double, king
Rating: 4.8/5 from 5,135 reviews
Price: from £299 (reg. £759)
Dreams offers free delivery and 1 year guarantee on this product. The delivery usually takes place between 5 days up to 3 weeks depending on the size and availability of the product.
The Annison pocket sprung mattress is single-sided (no-turn mattress) and should be rotated (not flipped) regularly to ensure equal distribution across the whole surface. Dreams suggest rotating it every week for the first three months and then monthly thereafter. Thanks to the handles at the side of the mattress, rotating it should be no problem.
If you own an adjustable base or are thinking of buying an adjustable base, keep in mind that the Annison Combination Mattress is not suitable, since it has pocket springs inside. It’s best to go for an all memory foam mattress instead. The Sleepmotion adjustable bed frames by Dreams are some of the best on the market offering lots of comfort features at a reasonable price.
Below you can see photos of how the mattress looks like once it has been unpackaged and set up at home.
Annison Combination Pocket Sprung Mattress Reviews:
From more than 5,135 reviews, the Annison Combination Mattress scores an impressive 4.8 out of 5.0 stars. More than 96% of customers recommend this product, saying that it’s comfortable and supportive and that they’re sleeping much better after getting it.
- People are delighted with the overall comfort and support offered by the mattress.
- It’s notable that many customers have felt a marked difference between the comfort of the Annison and their old mattress, which is good to hear.
- Many think that it’s great value for the money, considering the fact that they’re sleeping much better now.
- Also lots of customers were very happy with the delivery service, and ordering the product online or instore.
- Diving into the negative reviews, some reviewers believe that the mattress was either firmer or softer than they experienced in the showroom.
- Some customers have even mentioned that they are suffering from backache after sleeping on the mattress for a short period of time. However, given the sheer volume of reviews published of the Annison, it seems unfair to pick out and focus on the relatively few negative reviews, seeing as the vast majority of customers have had an overwhelmingly positive experience since purchasing the mattress.
Keep mind that this mattress is covered by Dream’s 40 day comfort guarantee, which means that you can exchange it with another more suitable mattress in case you’re not satisfied with this one.
Overall, the wide majority of those who bought the Annison Combination mattress had their sleep experience improve. Make sure you read all reviews here, so you can determine if it’s worth buying or not.
Disclosure – top10mattressinabox.co.uk independently reviews and ranks products, by thoroughly researching them. We may receive a commission when a purchase is made through our links, at no cost to our readers. Prices and ratings mentioned above are accurate as of May 30, 2023.